When a parenting order is made, the court is to give to the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- written notice of the date of the order;
- the full name, address and occupation of each of the birth parents;
- the full name, address and occupation of each of the commissioning parents;
- the name by which the child to whom the order relates is known before, and is to be known after, the order becomes effective;
- details of the date and place of birth of the child.
It is unclear whether this information will be released to the individual born as a result of the surrogacy arrangement, or if so, whether there are any requirements surrounding access to information.